blog profile links credits
is mother's day. was election day.

singapore's very significant event yesterday. the singapore general election 2011. first time i am so concerned with our political issues. am a bit ashamed to say so. but well, just like every other singaporean, we are interested in the results in a way or another. i have never realised the important of election, that it is going to affect our parliament and the future of singapore and her citizens. pardon my ignorance. though i was not one of the 2.1 million voters, the election is still my affair!


disclaimer: i am neither pro nor anti-governement. like other fellow singaporeans of our generation, what i want is for our voices to be heard, our concerns to be addressed. cost of living, housing prices, foreign talents. issues which i am really concerned, especially the former two. i was comfortable with our lives, as in decent living, right? the government had done well. i hope more will be done to improve the lives of singaporeans. mr lee kwan yew has done so much to morph us from a fishing village to where we are today. a very astonishing achievement. i understand there are pros and cons given our progression. we are proud to be singapore citizens and wish for better lives.


any idea the effects of inflation and cost of living? 10 eggs used to cost $1, now $1.50 (50% increase). newspaper used to cost $0.50, now ~ $0.90 (~100% increase). 3-room flat used to cost less than $50k, now about $400k (700% increase!) these are very real examples. though some are considered immaterial, don't you think the percentage is alarming?

after my mammy's incident, i know government is providing much healthcare measures for singaporeans in need, such as government grants off hospital bills and utilisation of medisave.


no doubt i have learned a great deal from this election. and it uncovered a few great people whom i did not know of their existence. top of the list of course goes to mr chiam see tong which i believe everybody out there agrees with me. you have earned my great respect, mr chiam. and there are some politicians whom attitudes should have been better, in my opinion. now that all votes are final, may our government shape a better future for us all. i love singapore!


today is mother's day. i would like to wish all mothers a wonderful mother's day!


你会不会 ` 梁静茹

爱来来去去 走走停停 无论多小心

说过不放感情 直到我遇见你
Posted by May 8, 2011 7:56 PM with 0 notes | add more notes | TOP

share this: facebook
Welcome.

You are visiting pingdreamcorner.blogspot.com.
Click follow to read for her latest updates about her blog! It will appear right in your blogger dashboard.

Screen size 1024 x 768
Best viewed in Google Chrome.
My personal site.
You are not allowed to right-click on my page!
online

Monica.

I'm Monica.
I was born in a piece on 31st of March in Singapore.
Half-boiled egg cos I am not a girl, not yet a woman.
I love my family, boyfriend and friends. And definitely, myself.
My interests are in movies and chinese pop.
Not really that kind of Sing girl.
Cos I don't really love shopping though of course, I enjoy it.
Thus, not a fashionista. Yeah.
Girl next door? Perhaps.
Though I do not possess that x-factor.
Whatever it is, just simple.
Website: Facebook | Blogskins

Followers.

Shout with me.


Archives.
mammy had stroke it's march again v day projects and spo d&d 2011 valentine's day, 元宵节 and 56th anniversary chinese new year, 人日, v day, 元宵, anniversary happy bunny new year 2011 love declaration to MoMo first visit to vet happy 2011! fail!


Theme by Marychee marychee.bs.com 2009-2011 © all rights reserved - powered by blogger.

Older Newer