blog profile links credits
HAPPY New Year!

2.5 months and I'm back blogging. Lazy, I must admit. And also, I have tons of 'to-do' things. Thanks to my 'avid' readers who remind me that it's time for a new post though I don't really have exciting happenings in my life. Work is normal, life is fine, everything is more or less the same. There were some unhappiness in my family but let's hope all are gone! A better year ahead. Something I learned: communication is the key to understanding.

Let's start with the trip to Bangkok with Ai during his birthday. After the flood. A few downs. Firstly, didn't go up to sirocco (thanks to my crocs), things weren't that cheap and many, not that fun shopping due to lack of shopping khakis. The ups were we went to a few new dining places and good massage, thanks to Ai's friend recommendation. Don't mind going to Bangkok again! ;) it's always a good short retail trip destination.

And I've spent Christmas, New Year Day and still spending Chinese New Year. I always think that the greeting 'Happy New Year' should be said with heartfelt wishes. This is the best greeting we should wish everybody, or else why would it be the only greeting we use? It's a simple greeting but it's a great kick-start to the new year. Everybody wants a better year and definitely a happier year ahead. I hereby wish everyone a "Happy and Awesome New Year"!

Shall I discuss allergies in this post? And products which have proven effective on me (and MoMo).
My lovely MoMo has some skin issues. She's been scratching since I brought her back. Trust me, I've googled everything I can, heeded every advice, changed her diet over and over. Nothing seems to help, except prescription to the vet. When medicines ran out, the scratching came back. Then thing were a little better after she started on abady diet. Finally, we try out the barf diet. It's claimed to be the best diet for any dog. Very true enough, it has good effects on MoMo! Now I totally understand why some owners swear by the barf diet. But I tell you, the process is really tough! Dogs go through a detox process when on barf. That is when they scratch excessively cos all toxics are forced out of the body. Every of us felt so heartache to see her bite and scratch. My family even doubted my decision to feed barf. I almost wanted to give up until we notice that she finally reacted well to it! She scratched much lesser, didnt smell so fast, and smaller harder not so smelly poo. Yeah! First time I felt I did something wonderful for her. Her skin problem was my biggest headache coming from her. Barf is more expensive, and strictly speaking she's on cooked barf cos she doesn't like cold food. But well, at least it works on her. Then again, I wonder if it's the barf or herb supplement which helps. She's been scratching these few days. Either my mammy feeding her rubbish or she's allergic to kangaroo?

Back to myself. Allergies on my face. Ever since the Taiwan trip two years ago. Things were really out of control second half of last year. Caused much embarrassment. Really. And I tried everything I could but to no avail. And I came across the brand "avene". It's a French dermatologist brand of products. I started with the skin recovery cream and thermal water, my possessions of this brand grew ever since. I don't have the full line, quite a number though. Another long long process. It took about two long months to calm my inflamed skin. I don't have perfect skin now but certainly if I notice the difference, this means things are getting better. Keep it up! Lesson learned: fragrances and colourings are evil! I used to like fragrant products. I have many facial masks, hand creams and body lotions which I dare not use, fearing of allergies. Hypoallergenic products are the best for people with sensitive skin like me. Avene products have proven effective on me. Wanna try dermalogica too. Guess only SensiSkin people can understand what I'm going through. With allergies on face, palm, legs and everywhere else on my skin! :(
Sometimes I wonder if I can have skin transplant for those problem areas or is there any laser to kill the skin so that it can no longer react?

Actually, I seriously suspect that all my exterior problems from head to toe are caused by stress, ever since my mammy incident in March last year. I've been worrisome since then. Training-to-be-mum in progress. Now I know how noble mothers are. They've to take care of everything in every corner the house like ensuring there's always food for everyone, sufficient cooking materials, laundry is done, etc. Its truly a "bao ga liao" role.
People, teach me how to relax and not to be stressed. Is it possible for me? I think I've not been completely stress free for a long long time. When was the last time I had a good deep night sleep? Stress over family, work, wedding plans (to come). How to manage stress and kill it?! I want to have flawless skin and good hair! I just want to be a happy person. My life can be as simple as an be. Not too much to ask for, right? 庸人自扰. I shall try to kick it.

Oh one more product which I really believe in. Lash serum! I always have sparse short lashes. Till one day I tried Mavala lash serum. Definitely a good buy! Who says my lashes are hopeless? Haha. Nope, it did not help me achieve Hollywood worthy lashes. But like what I said, if I notice a difference, I know things are better! I've also tried loreal and now using dhc. I have longer and thicker lashes now! Don't stare at my lashes when you see me. I only mention that I have longer lashes but I didnt say they are very long! ;p

1.30 am now. Going to bed. 元宵节 and Valentine's Day coming soon. A Very HAPPY v day to all! Goodnight~

Posted by Feb 4, 2012 12:35 AM with 0 notes | add more notes | TOP

share this: facebook
Welcome.

You are visiting pingdreamcorner.blogspot.com.
Click follow to read for her latest updates about her blog! It will appear right in your blogger dashboard.

Screen size 1024 x 768
Best viewed in Google Chrome.
My personal site.
You are not allowed to right-click on my page!
online

Monica.

I'm Monica.
I was born in a piece on 31st of March in Singapore.
Half-boiled egg cos I am not a girl, not yet a woman.
I love my family, boyfriend and friends. And definitely, myself.
My interests are in movies and chinese pop.
Not really that kind of Sing girl.
Cos I don't really love shopping though of course, I enjoy it.
Thus, not a fashionista. Yeah.
Girl next door? Perhaps.
Though I do not possess that x-factor.
Whatever it is, just simple.
Website: Facebook | Blogskins

Followers.

Shout with me.


Archives.
那些年 Exam! 爱 就在那瞬间 hiao 12 July 2011 Second half of 2011 Love and friendship the blissful songbirds. 一万零一夜! is mother's day. was election day. mammy had stroke


Theme by Marychee marychee.bs.com 2009-2011 © all rights reserved - powered by blogger.

Older Newer